Terms and Conditions
In accepting our quotation and confirming your booking you are deemed to have read and accepted the following booking terms and conditions.
Our quotation is valid for twenty-eight days from the date of issue. Unless already included, reasonable additional charges will apply in the following circumstances:
- The work does not commence within twenty-eight days of acceptance
- The work is carried out on a weekend or public holiday or outside normal hours at your request.
- The entrance or exit to the premises, stairs, lifts or doorways are inadequate for free movement of the goods
- the approach, road or drive is unsuitable for our vehicles to load or unload within 20 metres of the doorway.
- We have to pay parking or other fees or charges, including fines where you have not arranged agreed access
- We have to collect or deliver goods at your request above the ground floor and first upper floor
- There are delays or events outside our reasonable control including excessive delay in completion of you property purchase on the day resulting in late access to the property beyond 3pm or as reasonably agreed
- We supply any other additional services
Work not included in the quotation
Unless agreed by us, we will not normally
- Dismantle or assemble furniture
- Disconnect, re-connect, dismantle or re-assemble appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment
- Take up or lay fitted floor coverings
- Move items from a loft, unless properly lit and floored and safe access is provided.
- Dismantle or assemble garden furniture and equipment
- Move or store any prohibited items
It is your responsibility to:
- Arrange adequate insurance cover for the goods submitted for removal transit and/or storage, against all insurable risks
- Empty and properly defrost refrigerators and deep freezers.
- Ensure that all domestic and garden appliances are clean and dry and have no residual fluid left in them
- Be present or represented throughout the collection and delivery unless we agree otherwise
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that nothing that should be removed is left behind and nothing is taken away in error
Unless previously agreed the following items must not be submitted for removal or storage
- Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items
- Any animals, birds, fish, reptiles, plants or perishable items
- Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs or pornographic material
- Jewellery, watches or other valuables, deeds, securities, cash, mobile phones, computing devices, stamps, coins, or collections of any kind
Our liability for loss or damage
- We do not know the value of your goods therefore we limit our liability to a fixed amount per item.
- The amount of liability we accept under this agreement is reflected in our charges for the work.
- If you wish us to increase our limit of liability per item then we can provide a revised quotation for the work prior to commencement
- Unless otherwise agreed if we are negligent we will pay you up to £100 for each item (i.e. an individual item or single packed box) which is lost or damaged as a direct result of any negligence
- If we cause loss or damage to premises or property other than goods for removal as a result of our negligence, our liability shall be limited to making good the damaged area only
- If we cause damage as a result of moving goods under your instruction against our advice, and where moving the goods in the manner instructed is likely to cause damage, we shall not be liable
- You must note any suggested damage as soon as reasonably practicable. You must give us detailed notice in writing of any loss and damage within seven days of delivery by us
Exclusion of liability
Other than as a result of our negligence, we will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure to produce the goods as a result of
- Changes caused by atmospheric conditions
- For any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, carton, case or other container not both packed by us
- For electrical or mechanical failure of any appliance, clock, computer or other equipment unless there is evidence of related external damage
- For any goods which have a pre-existing defect or are inherently defective
- Normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods
For perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment
Booking & deposit policy
- We recognise that agreeing completion dates within a chain can feel risky without removal arrangements in place.
- Unlike many firms we are therefore willing to hold move slots for a short fixed period of time without the need for a deposit while you finalise arrangements.
- Once ready, your booking with us can only be secured with the payment of a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total move cost. The deposit will be lost in case of cancellation or date change.
- For our free removal box loan scheme, a deposit per box is charged and is payable on delivery but is fully refundable if boxes are returned in good condition within one month of move date.
- Full payment for the balance of costs must be made at least two working days prior to move day. Cancellation within two working days of the move date will result in the entire move cost becoming due.