We are open and taking bookings under the Government’s new “COVID Secure” workplace guidance.
Please contact us for a bespoke move plan and risk assessment. Our aim is to reduce risk to the lowest reasonably practicable level through detailed planning and simple common sense measures on move day.
Planning for your move
- Online and video quotes are available as an alternative to our normal home visits
- Unfortunately, we are still unable to undertake a move if anyone in the household has the virus, is isolating because one or more family members have symptoms, or have been advised to shield, as they are deemed “clinically extremely vulnerable”.
- For those you consider especially vulnerable to COVID-19 please let us know of any specific concerns or measures you feel will be of help on move day
- For flats, sheltered housing and care home settings, the move plan and risk assessment should include any Warden, House Manager or Management Committee policy or visitor approval requirements. We are happy to work with those stakeholders directly to plan your move.
- PPE suitable to all move settings is available as required. The current Government advice is that additional PPE beyond what we would normal use is of extremely limited benefit and should be rationed to protect supplies.
- We appreciate however that householders may request the use of certain PPE or face coverings in certain circumstances and we are happy to accommodate reasonable requests in order to ensure peace of mind.
Move Day – our commitment to you
- Social distancing with our customers maintaining the minimum 2m distance
- Daily staff health declaration and temperature check. Clean uniforms with van and equipment cleaning regime between all moves
- Stable partnering of our move teams – our usual regular full time staff working in stable pairs reducing interaction between staff and customers
- Increased frequency of hand washing and hand sanitiser. If possible, keeping windows and doors open during move day to ensure ventilation
- Government advice is that the householder should clean the property thoroughly ahead of our arrival with focus on door handles and surfaces
- Contactless, card and online payment options
- We will bring our own refreshments and will unfortunately not be able to accept your usual kind offers of tea and coffee!